Sunday, September 21, 2008

Going Back

I saw her sitting on a bicycle seat. She holds a pink umbrella that is destined to protect her porcelain-like untouched skin from the piercing heat of the sun. She was fresh and smelling like jasmine. She looks like a princess on her white lab gown uniform. I saw him driving for her, from her college to her dormitory. He was full of beads of sweat yet a curl in his lips makes me convinced that he is happy with what he is doing and whom he is doing it for. He also wears his uniform- white polo shirt with clean white T-shirt in side and black ironed pants which gives him the impression that he is nice and good. She looks at him with spark that every glimpse of him makes her bat her eyelashes while smiling. She then had a very small face- the one which appears to be engulfed by her hair. Clear skin with no inscription of any dilemma but her grades for the exams. I knew and felt that he loves her. It shows in his actions but I was certain enough that this love will soon fade and he will find another one after all.

I wanted to warn them, to tell them maybe that they'll soon hate each other, that they'll hurt their children's feelings. I wanted to tell them that they'll be separated. I wanted to warn her, especially. I wanted to scream and say stop. I wanted to grab her arms and scream and tell her that he is the wrong man, that sooner or later, he'll look for another girlfriend even though you're there and I am here. I wanted to remind her that she is very pretty and smart and special that there will be another man that will cherish him forever only if she will wait. He will leave you. He will leave us. You're going to ruin your life and commit sins just because he isn't Mr. Right. He will hurt you and make you cry. You'll realize that he is not the prince charming you've been dreaming about. I really wanted to stop and cry and tell them everything they will later on know. I wanted to explain and make them avoid the things that will give them their problems today.

I followed them again the next day. I saw her dissecting a frog on her Biology 101 class. I saw her slicing an onion on our kitchen, preparing our food for today. Alone and miserable. I saw her cleaning the blood of the frog on the laboratory faucet and I saw her washing the dishes. I wanted to tell all my premonitions but then again she won't listen to me because all she knows is her love and nothing else. I know she's smart but she's blinded. Instead, I went to him and tell him, whispering, to take care of her, my mother. I know that he doesn't see me but I was certain that he heard me speaking yet he did not follow my request.

No comments: