Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Life's Anthem

I glanced at my play list and saw that I have countless of songs in it and I eventually resulted to making a folder entitled “Favorites”, something to, at least, lessen the hassle of playing all the songs and before it even reach what I really want to hear, my stupid play list will run out of energy.


Music has been a very special part of my life. Though I don’t sing, I listen. Usually, for every important happening in my life, I mark it with a song because most of the times, songs reflect exactly what my emotions impart. It is as if I wrote those songs but of course, I didn’t. So here are just some of my life’s anthems. You know; those songs which really made my heart melt.

  1. She Will be Loved by Maroon Five- This song was sung for me during my sixteenth birthday and though it wasn’t sang perfectly, it struck me because I thought that this song is somehow a reflection of what they think of me, that I will be loved. Hopefully, I will. I thought that after it was sang, it’ll end there but then again, it continues to my present that whenever I hear the song, I make sure that I stop anything that I do and pay attention to the song as if it was the Philippine’s national anthem. It makes me shiver and makes me realize some changes and decisions I made in my life.

  2. Unwell by Matchbox Twenty- Those days when I really got upset and melodramatic, I turned to Matchbox Twenty and convinced myself that I am not crazy but just a little unwell and fortunately, by listening to this song, it makes me more relieved and a bit happier. At least, better than my condition before hearing that song.

  3. Your Guardian Angel by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus- This one can be considered as the love song of my life. I mean, it’s been a year since I first heard this song and until now, I still feel the shiver and goose bumps. I remember the first time I heard it and back then, I thought that the title is “My Guardian Angel” and so I bragged it to everyone (and back then, I was the only one who knew the song so they do not have any idea). I still find myself singing this while smiling and staring at the starry sky. I still consider this as the song which gives me the last song syndrome.

  4. I Don’t Love You by My Chemical Romance- Especially dedicated to all those I loved. Past tense, right, loved. This actually made me realize that people do change and so as the heart. I do not actually intend to sing this song every after heartbreak but what can I do, I just don’t love them the way I did before.

    This is just my initial list, maybe the songs which I really find myself contained in the lyrics. Just directly in between, I see myself singing all of these during the happiest, most unforgettable, loneliest and most random happening in my life. In fact, I owe these songs a lot for without them, the story of my life will be incomplete and nothing but a noisy CD who runs insane for always. It’ll be nothing but a spoiled note.

No comments: