Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Last-Minute Wish

Dear Santa Claus,


I am writing you again for the third time this year for my ultimate Christmas wish. It’s only four hours until Christmas finally lands on our planet and I am delivering you my last wish just before the clock finally hit December 25. This is like my grown-up wish list and when I say grown-up, I mean it in a sense that this isn’t about toys or gadgets. I know that I have been very materialistic for the past weeks. I wanted every bit of luxury a living person can have. I wasn’t so serious about that. I mean, if you are to give me those objects (i.e., PSP, car, etc.), I will appreciate it so much but if not, then I did not lose anything. After all, I was just day-dreaming about living a billionaire’s life. It was not something that I will take in replacement of the happiness and contentment I have at the moment.


There is nothing more I can ask for. I mean, I have everything I need, even more than those basics. I know that you have been a witness about what and where I’ve been and my only prayer is that I may have the wisdom to always believe that everything happens for a reason and that if tragedies begin to hurt my ego, Someone who knows the best for me is transforming me into a better and stronger person. Please give me the wisdom to always acknowledge that my thoughts are not His thoughts, neither are my ways His ways. Remind me always that for as the heaven is higher than Earth, so are His perfect plans for me than the plans I have for myself. I know that I was very close-minded, thinking that I know what’s best for myself, acting know-it-all and not entrusting my plans and decisions to the One above and so this Christmas, please give me the wisdom and not merely the intelligence. Give me the courage to understand and depend myself fully on Him and apprehend that though I see myself as someone strong, still I am weak and lifeless as a feather swaying its way to the ground, without Him and His guidance. Sometimes, I admit that I do forget where I came from, that without the goodness He had given my life, I won’t be where I am now and so this makes me trust myself so much, forgetting whom I owe my life. Dear Santa, please bless me with that knowledge not only for this Christmas but for every waking hour of my life.


The thought that everyone is busy for tomorrow makes me lie back again on my couch and start to type my heart out. It is when everyone is in chaos that I examine and listen to myself. My mom is busy for our food. My friends are busy making their Christmas cards and doing their last-minute wrapping of their gifts. My sister is busy thinking about what is inside that golden box under the Christmas tree that has her name on it. As twilight paints itself on the sky, I made myself busy, too, reaching up for the stars and whisper sweet good night to those tiny sparkling diamonds. I wonder if you, Santa Claus, really are real or it was just my playful childhood that told me (and continues to convince me) about your magical existence. I cannot care less. Nevertheless, I know that Someone was very much listening to my heart’s truest desires while I was writing this. It’s enough to know that. Merry Christmas!


Love lots,
Rhaingel

5 comments:

Hippo_Lee_toe said...

wow super deep :] I like it!

Laura said...

That is a very beautiful Christmas wish. Merry Christmas!

By the way, I gave you an award!

HOPELESSBELIEVER said...

Rhaingel,
Hello and thank you for visiting my blog, I am doing better, my job is very demanding and it really takes a lot out of me. I read a couple of entries in your blog, you are very gracious, and I love that u are so young and can still appreciate the things u have and not whine about the things u don't! I wish more people could do that, like my 19 year old son!!! lol. I'll be following your blog from here on now, I find u very interesting , and a pleasurable read, please come visit me anytime. I wish u and your the very best Christmas! take care,
Julian :)

The Rich Ant said...

Your writing style is so poetic and very wisely written for such a young person. You have a talent and a way with words. Merry Christmas peace and blessings

Rhaingel said...

HIPPO_LEE_TOE: hi. Thanks for dropping my blog. I surely appreciate it. :)

LAURA: Thanks for that. That is my true Christmas wish and I wonder what took me so long just to realize this one. Merry Christmas to you and your family! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE AWARD! It was a nice Christmas gift. :)

HOPELESSBELIEVER: You're welcome about my visit. Thanks for taking some time reading some of my blog entries. Readers like you are really sources of inspiration. I am just 17 and I am making the most out of my age. Thanks for following, too. It is surely a way of encouraging me. I wish you all the best! Merry Christmas to you and to your family! :)

THE RICH ANT: Thanks for the praises. They uplift me. May you have the merriest Christmas you'll ever have in your life. :)