Saturday, January 03, 2009

Sisters by Heart and Blood

Today is my last day here in our home before I finally go back to school and back to my dormitory. Two weeks of my stay here is different. It seems like it was a bit longer than a two-week stay and I must say that unlike my past semester break, I was able to enjoy it this time (You might want to read THIS) and never complain about boredom that much.


Two weeks seem to be short to think that everyday, my sister and I do lots of crazy stuffs like staying up too late just because we have many funny jokes for each other, making ourselves busy with stuffs like board games. Together, we did couple of household chores everyday to at least lessen the burden of our mother and household chores had never been that enjoyable. We water the plants then sprinkle water on each other’s face. We cook our food and make-believe that we are professional chefs. When there’s nothing to do in our home, we go to the nearest mall and shop in there and afterwards, pig out. I am happy that for the longest run, we finally had the bonding that will strengthen the tie between sisters. She is my only sibling and I am older than her for six years. For the past several years, when I was still very immature and so is she, never did a day pass without our petty arguments. We were extremely different people with no spots of compatibility. She wants pink and I want blue. She hates our dad and I love our dad. She is timid and shy while I am loud and confident. She wants cartoons and I love horror and so we will fight over the television, giving our parents more problems. I was mad at her, mainly for not appreciating the things I do, for not running an errand for me and for simply being who is she. For the past several years, I did not see her as my own sister until this Christmas vacation that I get the chance to know her more although we live in the same house since birth. This holiday season, I woke up and was able to land my eyes on her and finally say, “Hey! My blood is running in her veins!”


Now that I am moving again in my dormitory, I’ll surely miss my sister, she who will wake me up in the middle of the night only to tell me secrets about her crush, she who will go to the 24-hour convenient store just to buy me some potato chips, she who stays up late with me though sleepy just to make sure that those bad dreams won’t haunt me again, she who told me that though I am struggling, she still believes that I am the best sister in the world anyone could ever have and that she looks up to me, she who told me that through these years, she surreptitiously appreciates everything I did for her… it’s just that she doesn’t know how to express her gratitude.


The best part about going back to school is going back to the life I am used to have and being with the friends I surely miss a lot. The worst part is that I’ll spend some quiet times alone in that room again, hearing the clock tick and the fan breathe. I’ll spend some quiet time again there, alone with no one except my alter ego. Somehow, that independent time for myself allows me to discover a lot of things about life and death and allows me to reflect about the past, the present and the future- some questions like what do I really want in my life and what makes me really happy. That makes me want to reach Friday again for during Fridays, I head home with the people excited to hear about what happened to me for the past five days. During Friday, I eat dinner together with other people.


After this day, I’ll be going back there again. I am still unprepared… for the exams and emotionally. I am still having those bad dreams (that will be another post) and I am quite scared that no one like my sister will help me drive those dreams away (sigh) but then again, I have no choice.


5 comments:

mOkO cHaN_~ said...

Aww you and you're sister are so sweet :) I didn't experienced doing chores with my brother or sister but still I'm sure you had a great time spending time with her.

Oh yeah, goodluck going back to school ^^

"The worst part is that I’ll spend some quiet times alone in that room again, hearing the clock tick and the fan breathe" this is the reason why I want to have a dormitory.

Rhaingel said...

Moko chan_~: After so many years, we're FINALLY sweet. We have a very different situation when it terms to our sibling. Anyway, thanks! I am going back to school. I don't know how to feel.

It's a bit weird that you are wishing to be alone. I am not that happy to experience dormitory life. I prefer to be at home but due to some situations I am in, I have to be there for convenience.

Thanks for dropping by! :)

Rena said...

Good luck with going back to school. I homeschool my children and we start up again tomorrow, after a 2 week long break. Your relationship with your sister sounds lovely, Rhaingel. I have an older sister (4 years older) and she lives in Texas. I live in Montana, so it's been awhile since I've seen her. I'm glad to hear you got to spend some time with your sister recently. Take care and God bless! :)

Alex said...

Awwww...how cool! I'm glad you had a great time at home this time around. :)

Rhaingel said...

RENA: Thank you so much. I will be going back to school a little later. I just checked out some e-mails and comments in this blog. Thank you so much Rena! I am not from the USA but I do hope that you'll also have the time to see your older sister soon. Thank you so much again! It seems that I have a good start of the year. :)

ALEX: Thank you so much! I am really happy that I had that chance. I am actually more than happy. She is my family and I think that is how sisters should be towards each other. :)