Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Random Soundtracks

My playlist is on a random selection of songs and right now, I am thinking about playing those and writing about the first thing that comes to my mind after hearing the music. After all, these songs have a special reason why they are still on my playlist.

1. More than Words by Westlife. The first thing that came to my mind is the memory of my elementary farewell party. The Central Board of Students decided to organize a simple gathering that will be attended by graduating students and faculty members. It was a day before graduation and the event was just full of heart-warming messages for teachers and students, telling each other the special part they played in their life. It just so happen that the acoustic fever was present at that time and my classmates played this on their guitars while messages are being imparted.

2. Everything You Do by Christian Bautista. This is a song that makes me “Aaaaww” upon hearing. The way it was soulfully sung and the way the lyrics match perfectly on what I feel for DK make this one of my favorite songs. It has a special spot in my heart. It is difficult to tell what I think about first because every loving feeling I experienced with DK seems to bounce back. There was no time that this song was played and I continue what I was doing. I always stop and dream about the extremely happy moments.




3. Hinahanap-hanap Kita by Rivermaya. Okay. This is in Filipino but the thought is that the guy singing is so much addicted with the person he loves that even if they are sharing most of their times with each other’s company, he doesn’t feel tired or any of the like about it. He sings about how he craves for the girl every second of his life and in everything he does. He tells about those sweet little deeds they usually do and for a lovable song like this, I only remember DK and how we spend time with each other. I can say that I can relate to the song. There is always this something uncanny about the way I see him although I already do most of the times. I am always longing for his company and seconds after he heads home, I already miss him. (sigh)




4. Noypi by Bamboo. Noypi is also a Filipino song which is an inverted “Pinoy”, pertaining to Filipino people. What I first thought about after hearing the song is Francis Magalona. He is the most nationalistic Filipino I know in this modern era. It is just really sad that he passed away this early but the same, he is in a better place and was able to make a legacy and made a lot of other Filipinos love their own nation too.




5. Someday by Nina. This song is very nostalgic and very hurtful. This is about a girl who was left by the person she loves. The chorus runs thus: Someday someone’s gonna love me, the way I wanted you to need me. Someday, someone’s gonna take your place. One day, I’ll forget about you. You’ll see, I won’t even miss you… someday”. What I first remember after hearing it? I remember myself singing the song and feeling every line. This is something that will really make you emote on certain things. I was once able to relate on this and up to now, I still find the song great though I believe that I already reach that “someday” I was singing.

No comments: