Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sweet Saturday

April 18, 2009
Dear Friend,

Today is Saturday and I am so glad that the weekend has finally arrived (I have been praying for it since last Tuesday). I saw this day as a moment to do everything I want which is usually hindered by Math. Now, I am saying “hinder” in a lot different perspective. Math is one of my priorities now and I am solving numbers because I want to and not last semester that I felt the urge to do so. Today was a “Math break” because even though I like it now, I need to unwind myself to gain a new perspective in what I am doing and not be fed up in any way. I don’t want to lose my enthusiasm again. I want Math to be a part of my world but not whole of it because that special part will always be played by CHGA.

I woke up at two in the afternoon, too late for both breakfast and lunch. I guess, I lacked sleep for the past few days and this day was a great revenge. Nevertheless, I still ate some food, filling my stomach and remembering the time when he said, “Man does not live by bread alone” and remembering how he said it and how I anticipated the next few words. I wasn’t wrong. I checked out my phone and read some messages and smiled when I read his. It was something full of love and full of concern that after reading it, I wanted to go back to bed immediately because my day was already complete. I decided to play some computer games, too and my mom saw me and felt happy for me when I told her that I had a monster kill. I know that she doesn’t appreciate those kinds of things. She hasn’t played any video or computer game except dear Tetris and that doesn’t include any brutality and violence. She just felt that happy because she knows that I am happy, too and she cares for me and for my feelings. By the way, something special happened last night. My mom is having a seminar everyday since Wednesday and whenever she arrives, I can see that she really is exhausted. Somehow, I feel sorry for her because if I am not having any summer class, she may be waking up at seven but since I am attending classes of such, she is waking up at four-thirty, preparing breakfast for me. I can see all of her sacrifices. Anyway, last night, I called a bakeshop and asked them to deliver a cake for my mom on the venue of her seminar. I asked them to put some icing which says “for the best mom in the world”. I guess they did because as soon as my mom arrived, she hugged me and told me that I am the sweetest daughter every mom wished for. I know that she got surprised and that’s what I really wanted to happen. I felt happy because I can feel her happiness, too and as her child, I always wanted the best things and best feelings for the person who had given me my life and hers. She asked me why I am so sweet with her and then I told her the truth. I said, “Harry is sweet with me and he really makes me happy whenever he is like that and so I thought that I can make you happy by being like that, too.” She smiled and told me that she loves me and that she is very happy with every thing which is happening with my life. She also told me that I have her support in whatever plans I do have.

I scheduled my tomorrow to be filled with comprehensive reviews for my first long exam. I promised myself that I will pass it and I also promised myself that starting on Monday, I’ll do everything to be free from my usual activities. I decided to break my routine and make a difference and welcome delicious ambiguity. I will slay the ordinary and return to being Little Miss Surprise. After all, life is too short to be taken for granted.

Love always,
Rhaingel

No comments: